Roof Replacement & Installation in Round Rock, TX
Quickly & Affordably Install Your New Roof
During roof replacements in Round Rock, TX, and the surrounding areas, we remove the current roof and apply new felt paper and shingles. This will restore the appearance of your roof and provide a protective layer to prevent leaks from reaching the inside of the home.
We can perform a roof replacement no matter how many layers of shingles are on the roof, so we can perform a replacement even if reroofing is not an option. A simple roof replacement or the surrounding areas can go a long way in impacting the quality of your home.
The roof is one of the biggest investments you can make in your home, and they can create a major return on your investment as well. In fact, reports show that a new roof installation yields more than 80% of its original cost upon resale. More than 30% of real estate agents accredit roof restorations for quick transactions.
A roof replacement can be a good choice for those who have a roof that is nearing the end of its lifespan. The average roof lasts more than 50 years, but those with shake roofs can expect them to last about 30 years.
What Are Signs You Need Roof Replacement?
Getting out in front of a roof replacement can help you avoid paying expensive and recurring repairs for failing a structure, as well as avoid damage caused by defects to the interior of your home. Arm yourself with the knowledge you need to recognize when a new roof installation in Round Rock is the smarter option.
Here are some common signs you need a roof replacement:
- Your roof is old —Although roofs can last as long as 50 years, the average roof lasts 12 to 15 years. If your structure is reaching this age, it might be time consider roof replacement, especially if previous repairs were installed over the existing roof.
- You have discolored ceilings and walls —Although discolored ceilings and walls can be due to a variety of causes, they can also be signs of leaky roofs. If you are not sure what is going on, it is never advisable to walk on your roof yourself. Contact our roofers in Round Rock and we'll be happy to help you get to the bottom of this issue.
- You can see broken or damaged flashing — Roof flashing is the thin metal material that we can install to direct water away from certain places, like the walls, chimneys, and roof valleys of the roof. The main purpose of roof flashing is to help with underlayment. Roof flashing can be comprised of roof cement, tar, or metal. No matter what the flashing is made out of, if it is damaged, degraded, or missing, it puts your roof at risk of water damage and might mean you need a roof replacement.
- You have noticed an increase of animals entering your home —If you are finding vermin in your home, it is possible that your roof is damaged. Animals will look for opportunities to enter your home and they will look for spots in your roof that allow them to do that. If you have noticed these critters in your home, but are not sure whether they are coming in through your roof, we would be happy to help.
- Your shingle edges are curled —When there is moisture on your roof decking or underlayment, you might notice curling and buckling. It can also be caused by a lack of insulation, poor attic ventilation, and improper installation. Some might try to remedy the situation by curling or gluing down the curled section, but this is only a temporary fix. It might be necessary to perform a roof replacement when you start to notice this.
Steps of a Roof Replacement
A roof replacement can be complex, and it is best performed by a professional. Hiring a professional, experienced, and friendly team like Hall Roofing and Construction will help make sure the job is completed efficiently and safely.
The first step of a roof replacement is choosing the right materials for your home. Some of the most common aspects include:
- Wood shakes - When we talk about wood shakes, we are referring to wood roofing material that is created by splitting thin rectangles from a wooden log. Wood shakes are sawn on one side and split on the other side, creating an appearance that is thicker and with a rougher texture.
- Metal roofs -Metal has become a more common roofing choice in recent years. This could be due to the fact that they are extremely durable and can be installed right over existing shingles. There is also lots of variety in this type of roof, and they can be created to look like shingles or other types of traditional roofs.
- Composition slate -Slate shingles are a modern rendition of classic roofs. They are made of a combination of plastic, rubber, and synthetic slate to create the appearance of uniqueness of authentic slate. Composite slates are manufactured to have uniform sizes and have a range of textures and colors.
- Tile -Tile roofing is a great choice for roofs that experience hot weather or that have to deal with exposure salt air. This is because they are resistant to water, frost, fire, wind, and insect damage.
- Asphalt common shingles -This is a waterproof roofing material with a long lifespan and are some of the most common roofs on houses today. They tend to be less expensive than other materials like slate or tile. Asphalt shingles typically come in two varieties: fiberglass and organic.
After we have selected the perfect roof for your needs, we will continue the project with the following steps:
- Removing the old roof
- Inspecting the wood decking
- Preparing the roof surface
- Installing the new roofing materials
- Performing the cleanup and final inspection